- All NFHS rules will be used to govern our tournaments, unless noted below:
- Age Requirement: May 1, 2019 will be the designated date to determine ages. Photocopies of birth certificates will be required.
- Age Requirement: For girls is Jan 1, 2019 will be the designated date to determine ages. Photocopies of birth certificates will be required.
- Protest Fee: $300 cash- On rules interpretation only.
- Game time starts at completion of coin toss, umpire will announce time on his watch and it will be recorded on game card. Any violation of this policy should be immediately reported to the tournament director
- Home Team: Determined by coin flip in pool play, Elimination play home team is the higher seed unless they choose to be visitor. Home team is required to keep the official book.
- Player Minimum: A team can start with and finish with 8 players but must take an “Out” in vacated batting position until 9th player arrives at the field and can be written in to 9th position in the line-up. THIS PLAYER MUST BE ON THAT TEAM'S WEEKEND ROSTER.
- Time Limits: 1:30 for pool games and 1:45 for ALL elimination games (including championship games). Pool games can end in a tie. Elimination games can only end in a tie due to weather or Park participation restrictions only.
- ALL TIED ELIMINATION GAMES AFTER REGULATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO TO LAST BATTED OUT ON 2ND BASE AND NO OUTS TO BEGIN EXTRA FRAMES.
- Any tournament that is called off due to weather will be considered frozen from the last completed games and the way the teams are in the brackets will determine the placements (higher seeds over lower seeds).
- SEC Reserves the right to change Game times (Pool & Elimination) based on playing & weather conditions
- Pitching Rules (Innings per Tournament):
- 9U THRU 12U (10 innings per weekend)
- 13u THRU 18u (None)
- -Re-Enter Rule
- Once a sub Pitcher has been removed from the mound and the next pitcher takes his first warm up toss from the mound, that pitcher MAY NOT re-enter the game as pitcher
- A starting pitcher may re-Enter one time as a relief Pitcher.
- If pitching rules are violated and the infraction is detected, the situation will be reviewed and consequences will be determined by the Onsite tournament director. Consequences may include, but are not limited to, the following: coach and/or player ejections, game forfeiture, removal of team from the tournament.
- Infield Warm-Ups: All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. No pre-game infield.
- Baseballs: Teams must provide all game balls unless otherwise stated (1 New/1 Good used per game). Some events we will provide baseballs but that will be stated ahead of time.
- No metal cleats in the following age groups: 11u and younger. Pitchers may not wear Metal cleats on any of the portable mounds
- 12u and Younger: All Bats must be stamped BPF 1.15 and all bat sizes are acceptable and all bat sizes are acceptable.
- If a bat is in question, leave in the bag.
- 13u (-3 bbcor, -5 ) Bats must be stamped BPF 1.15 if not bbcor......
- 14U = -3 BBCOR or wood
- 15u & 16u must use a -3 BBCOR or Wood
- Any Bat 2 1/4 (1.15 or USA Stamp) Any Bat bigger than 2 1/4 must have the USA Stamp on it (2 5/8 & 2 3/4).
- Uniforms: Numbers mandatory, matching uniforms not .
- Adverse Weather: SEC events are sometimes played in adverse weather conditions. The format may be changed to lesser time limits or fewer innings to complete the tournament. Coaches and players accept these conditions when entering the tournament.
- All age groups can have an EH (Extra Hitter) if they choose to bat 10. Both a DH and EH may be used at the same time. Teams in the 7u through 14u age brackets may choose to bat their entire roster and have free defensive substitution. If this option is chosen, then you can used the last batted out for your courtesy runner for pitcher and catcher. FREE DEFENSIVE SUBSTITUTIONS THROUGHOUT THE GAME EXCEPT FOR PITCHER. PLAYERS DO NOT HAVE TO BAT. ALL PITCHING AND LINE-UP CHANGES WILL BE RECORDED and follow Sec rules.
- Visits to the mound: As per NFHS rules, each team are allowed three charged visits to the mound within a game. A charged visit is a trip in which the manager or coach does not remove the pitcher. After the three charged visits are used, every trip to the mound will result in the pitcher being removed.
- Run Rules: 20 after 2, 15 after 3, 10 after 4, 8 after 5
- Rosters: Teams may carry up to 15 players on their registered roster. A Player may not play on two teams on the same weekend.
- A forfeit is scored 1 run per inning played (Ex... 6-0 or 7-0). Any team that can not produce a birth certificate upon request will be forced to forfeit the game.
- Birth Certificates: Will be required from each participant. Each team is responsible for showing their packet of BCs upon check-in. Each team must then keep the packet of BCs available throughout the tournament. An age protest, like any other protest, requires a $100 cash protest fee. If a protest is lodged against your team, you MUST provide proof of age. If you can not do so, you lose the protest and the protesting team gets their $100 back. If you are able to prove proper age for your player, the protesting team loses the protest and the protest fee.
8U Division Players who turn 9 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 2nd grade. Also, any player turning 10 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 8u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
9U Division Players who turn 10 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 3rd grade. Also, any player turning 11 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 9u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
10U Division Players who turn 11 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 4th grade. Also, any player turning 12 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 10u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
11U Division Players who turn 12 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 5th grade. Also, any player turning 13 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 11u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
12U Division Players who turn 13 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 6th grade. Also, any player turning 14 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 12u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
13U Division Players who turn 14 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 7th grade. Also, any player turning 15 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 13u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
14U Division Players who turn 15 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 8th grade. Also, any player turning 16 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 14u eligible are eligible for this division regardless of grade.
15U Division Players who turn 16 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are a freshman in High School. Also, any player turning 17 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
16U Division Players who turn 17 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are a sophomore in High School. Also, any player turning 18 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
17U Division Players who turn 18 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are a junior in High School. Also, any player turning 19 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
- 8U Live Rules
- AT THE 8U LEVEL ONLY: No leadoffs, no stealing home -- a runner *starting a play* at 3rd Base may *only* advance home on a batted ball or when *forced* home by a walk, hit batter, or other force play (bases loaded).
- For 8u, note that a walk is considered a ""Dead Ball"" situation -- the batter may only take 1st Base and any forced runners may only advance one base. A runner starting from 1st or 2nd Base may advance home as a batted ball continuation of a play (there is not a mandatory ""red light"" at 3rd Base for a play in motion).
- A RUNNER STEALING FROM 2ND TO THIRD BASE MAY NOT ADVANCE TO HOME ON AN OVERTHROW BY THE CATCHER. HE MUST STAY AT 3RD BASE.
- Runner may leave base only after ball crosses plate: 1st Offense = Dead Ball / warning; 2nd Offense = Dead Ball / offending runner is called out, other runners return to previously occupied bases, no ball/strike charged to batter).
- Batter may not run on dropped 3rd strike ... bunting is allowed...no "butcher boy" meaning you can not show bunt and then pull back and swing. (ONE SUCCESSFUL BUNT PER INNING).
- No balks.
- 7 RUN LIMIT PER INNING UNTIL LAST INNING WHICH WILL BE UNLIMITED RUNS ALLOWED FOR BOTH TEAMS.
8U Wheel Rules
- Umpire will feed machine
- NO Bunting and stealing
- All 2¼ bats are allowed
- Team provides their own ball
- NO infield fly rule
- Run rule: 12 after 3, 10 after 4, 8 after 5
- Pool Play - 7 runs per inning until last inning(unlimited inning begins 10 minutes before time limit expires)
- Elimination - unlimited runs
- 60 minute time limit, inning will be finished once started
- Courtsey runner for catcher only (sub if available or last batted out)
- Machine set at 42 MPH @ 46 feet.
- Time is only called once the umpire deems all base runners have stopped